MCW Cancer Center 2014 Scientific Retreat: Partners in Translational Cancer Research
This meeting will help attendees understand how to make connections and leverage opportunities for translational and team science. A primary function of a Cancer Center is to connect cancer-focused investigators and clinicians from departments across the institution, creating multi-disciplinary teams and opportunities for regular collaboration. Becoming an NCI-Designated Cancer Center requires an investment and focus on translational and clinical research (including personalized and targeted therapies, drug discovery, early-phase clinical trials) and team science that integrates clinical care.
- Allied Health Professionals
- Understand the cancer issues and disparities that have the greatest impact on the Cancer Center catchment area, and how to partner with others to address these issues.
- Understand how the Cancer Center can facilitate and support translational research opportunities, teams, and projects.
- Understand what other cancer researchers and clinicians are doing at MCW, UWM, and other partner institutions, and how to leverage this work with my own.
- Understand the over-arching research themes of the MCW Cancer Center: 1)Translational and team science in signature disease areas 2) Research impacting the catchment area 3) Pediatric integration 4) Targeted drug / therapy discovery 5) Investigator Initiated Trials
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Understand how the Cancer Center or Cancer Center members can support translational science opportunities.
- Understand most of the over-arching themes and goals of the MCW Cancer Center.
- Approach other investigators and clinicians to discuss translational and team research opportunities
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose
Ming You, MD, PhD
Douglas Stafford, PhD, MS
Susan Tsai, MD
John Raymond, Sr., MD
Ellen Velie, PhD, MPH
Carol Williams, PhD
Dafna Bar-Sagi, PhD
Michael Dwinell, PhD
Ben George, MD
John Imig, PhD
Michael Kelly, MD, PhD
- 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 5.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.