Department of Medicine Grand Rounds is a weekly conference during the academic year to highlight updates and changes to best practices of internal medicine and medicine subspecialties. Attendees will learn updated medical knowledge and new programs to provide evidence-based practice and improve patient care.
- Evidence-based practice
- Internal medicine and subspecialties
- New programs
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Social Worker
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Examine age-friendly health system principles (4M's)
- Demonstrate how 4M principles are integrated in perioperative setting
- Identify risk factors associated with increased vulnerability in older surgical patients
- Recognize the nuances of DNR management during the perioperative period
- Discuss strategies to minimize common post-op risks in older
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Evan Henricks, MD
Lee Ann Lau, MD
Division of Geriatric and Palliative Medicine
Department of Medicine
Medical College of Wisconsin
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.