Department of Medicine Grand Rounds is a weekly conference during the academic year to highlight updates and changes to best practices of internal medicine and medicine subspecialties. Attendees will learn updated medical knowledge and new programs to provide evidence-based practice and improve patient care.
Key Words: Evidence-based practice, Internal medicine and subspecialties, New programs
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Social Worker
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Discuss race, ethnicity, and culture as social constructs and discuss historical basis and sources for health disparities
- Articulate the impact of social determinants of health on chronic disease outcomes
- Implement strategies to address structural inequalities in health outcomes for adults with chronic disease
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Leonard Egede, MD, MS
Professor of and Chief, Division of General Internal
Milwaukee Community Chair in Health Equity Research
Director MCW CTSI KL2 Program and Director MCW CTSI Master’s in Clinical/Translational Research
Medicine-Director, Center for Advancing Population Science (CAPS)
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.