Department of Medicine Grand Rounds is a weekly conference during the academic year to highlight updates and changes to best practices of internal medicine and medicine subspecialties. Attendees will learn updated medical knowledge and new programs to provide evidence-based practice and improve patient care.
Key Words: Evidence-based practice, Internal medicine and subspecialties, New programs
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Social Worker
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Examine how the promotion of kindness can affect the expression of caring and the ability to effectively listen and communicate as well as understand how kindness can affect the patient’s ability to listen and communicate.
- Evaluate the physiologic and psychological effects of seeing and experiencing kindness
- Analyze how stress, and in particular, incivility can affect medical outcomes and errors
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
David A. Fryburg, MD
President and Co-Founder
Envision Kindness, Inc.
East Lyme, CT
|Envision Kindness, Inc,||Co-Founder and Volunteer|
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.