Department of Medicine Grand Rounds is a weekly conference during the academic year to highlight updates and changes to best practices of internal medicine and medicine subspecialties. Attendees will learn updated medical knowledge and new programs to provide evidence-based practice and improve patient care.
Key Words: Evidence-based practice, Internal medicine and subspecialties, New programs
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Social Worker
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Identify the role of the Veterans Health Administration as an integrated health care system taking care of a high-risk population
- Identify the value of imbedded health services research within a health system for testing improvements
- Learn about the VA’s experience with telehealth, predictive analytics, care of high-risk patients and primary care mental health integration.
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
David Atkins, MD, MPH
Director, Health Services Research and Development (HSRD)
Office of Research and Development (ORD)
Department of Veterans Affairs
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.