Weekly conference during academic year (Sept-May) to highlight updates and changes to best practice of internal medicine and its subspecialties.
Key Words: Medicine, Update, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Review the epidemiology of opioid use disorder, injection drug use, and associated infectious complications
- Provide an overview of evidence-based treatment for OUD and its effect on clinical outcomes
- Discuss the principles of harm reduction and their practical application in a clinical setting
Faculty & credentials:
Jack Keegan, MD
Division of Infectious Diseases
Michael Frank, MD
Vice Chair, Chief, Professor
Department of Medicine
Medical College of Wisconsin-Froedtert
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Jack Keegan, M.D
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
Kathy A. Rafel
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation of Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
03/10/2023 - 8:00am to 9:00am CST
Add to calendar:
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.