Weekly conference during academic year (Sept-May) to highlight updates and changes to best practice of internal medicine and its subspecialties.
Key Words: Medicine, Update, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Medical Knowledge: Learners will apply the principles and practices of narrative medicine to their management of individual patients and effectiveness with team members.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills: Learners will evaluate the utility of specific communication practices in understanding individual patient's needs and situations.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills: Learners will take the opportunity to use creative writing toward articulating and perceiving their own perspectives and the perspectives of patients, families, and team members.
Rita Charon, MD, PhD
Professor and Chair of Medical Humanities & Ethics
Professor of Medicine and Executive Director of Columbia Narrative Medicine at Columbia University
Michael Frank, MD
Vice Chair, Chief, Professor
Department of Medicine
Medical College of Wisconsin-Froedtert
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Michael Frank
- Rita Charon
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to XX hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.