- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This educational activity is designed to enhance the knowledge of the academic and community dermatologists who attend our weekly meeting. Live patients are invited to grand rounds who demonstrate key points in patient diagnosis management and will emphasize application of evidence-based medicine. Speaker topics will be chosen based on Grand Rounds quarterly evaluations as well as Wisconsin Dermatological Society evaluations where attendees were asked "What clinical questions or patient problems did you encounter in the past year that you felt you needed more knowledge or competence to successfully address?”
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Perform an accurate and thorough skin exam including mucosal surfaces in order to describe morphology and generate a differential diagnosis.
- Integrate multiple findings on a given patient including history, physical exam, laboratory, exam, histopathologic findings and other information for the purpose of making an accurate diagnosis of inflammatory, neoplastic or genetic skin diseases
- Evaluate and establish therapeutic recommendations and further diagnostic tests recommendations in light of best medicine guidelines, evidence based medicine, literature review and consensus of expert opinion.
- Have regular updated follow up of these patient outcomes after presentations
- Evaluate and discuss selected dermatologic diseases and therapies as presented by expert speakers (individual learning objectives to be made for each).
Activity Director - Dr. Dawn Siegel, MD
Case Presenters - Drs. Yvonne Chiu, Linda Lee, Sun Young Ruggeri, Thomas Russell, Stefan Schieke, Kara Walton, Zelmira Lazarova, Beth Drolet, Anna Juern, Gabriel Currie, Lauren Good, Nikki Kim, Nicole Mau, Gyorgy Paragh, Megan Dowling, Stephen Humphrey, Marianne Junck, Ashley Sullivan, Michelle Bayer, Dianne de Leon, Amy Wentland, JiaDe Yu, and Kelly Hokanson, PA-C
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of:
Edit Olasz, MD, Paradigm Medical Communications, Speaker
James Troy, MD, Roche, Consultant
Kristen Holland, MD, Abbott Labs, Spouse Employment
Sam Hwang, MD, Novartis, Speaker
Barbara Wilson, MD, Carma Labs, Inc., Scientific Advisory Board
Sheila Galbraith, MD, Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Drug & Safety Monitoring Board Member
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.