This educational activity is designed to enhance the knowledge of the academic and community dermatologists who attend our weekly meeting. Topics will be selected based on the evaluation forms from the previous year. In addition, live patients are invited to grand rounds who demonstrate key points in patient diagnosis management and will emphasize application of evidence-based medicine.
"Developing and Implementing an Evidence-Based Approach to Abscess Management"
Christopher Spahr, MD
Associate Medical Director, Emergency Department, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Section of Emergency Medicine
Medical College of Wisconsin
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Describe the evidence used to develop a shared baseline for the management of abscesses.
- Utilize quality improvement principles to develop and implement a standard care process that improves outcomes.
- Discuss opportunities to spread shared baselines and care processes across different areas of care.
Activity Director - Dawn Siegel, MD
Speaker: Christopher Spahr, MD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.