- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This educational activity is designed to enhance the knowledge of the academic and community dermatologists who attend our weekly meeting. Live patients are invited to grand rounds who demonstrate key points in patient diagnosis management and will emphasize application of evidence-based medicine. Speaker topics will be chosen based on Grand Rounds quarterly evaluations as well as Wisconsin Dermatological Society evaluations where attendees were asked "What clinical questions or patient problems did you encounter in the past year that you felt you needed more knowledge or competence to successfully address?”.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Describe the national and regional organ allocation structure as well as the types of transplants and volume done here at Froedtert
- Understand how donors and recipients are matched based on blood type, HLA type, and the presence of Donor Specific Antibodies.
- Identify common induction and maintenance immunosuppression regimens for solid organ transplant recipients.
- Describe the pre-transplant infectious disease evaluation (history and lab testing, and counseling) that is completed for all potential transplant recipients
Activity Director: Yvonne Chiu, MD
Anna Corey, MD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.