This educational activity is designed to enhance the knowledge of the academic and community dermatologists who attend our weekly meeting. Live patients are invited to grand rounds who demonstrate key points in patient diagnosis management and will emphasize application of evidence-based medicine. Speaker topics will be chosen based on Grand Rounds quarterly evaluations as well as Wisconsin Dermatological Society evaluations where attendees were asked "What clinical questions or patient problems did you encounter in the past year that you felt you needed more knowledge or competence to successfully address?”.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Describe the pathophysiology, epidemiology, and modern diagnostic approach to Cushing’s syndrome.
- Briefly outline the cutaneous manifestations of Cushing’s syndrome.
- Describe iatrogenic Cushing’s syndrome (focus on topical steroid-induced) and approaches to withdrawal of glucocorticoid therapy
Activity Director: Yvonne Chiu, MD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of:
Hershel Raff, PhD
Consultant for Cerium
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.