This educational activity is designed to enhance the knowledge of the academic and community dermatologists who attend our weekly meeting. Live patients are invited to grand rounds who demonstrate key points in patient diagnosis management and will emphasize application of evidence-based medicine. Speaker topics will be chosen based on Grand Rounds quarterly evaluations as well as Wisconsin Dermatological Society evaluations where attendees were asked "What clinical questions or patient problems did you encounter in the past year that you felt you needed more knowledge or competence to successfully address?"
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 0.25 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Perform an accurate and thorough skin exam including mucosal surfaces in order to describe morphology and generate a differential diagnosis.
- Integrate multiple findings on a given patient including history, physical exam, laboratory, exam, histopathologic findings and other information for the purpose of making an accurate diagnosis of inflammatory, neoplastic or genetic skin diseases
- Evaluate and establish therapeutic recommendations and further diagnostic tests recommendations in light of best medicine guidelines, evidence based medicine, literature review and consensus of expert opinion.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclosure except:
|Leah Lalor, MD||UpToDate||Writer/Reviewer|
Yvonne Chiu, MD
|Julia Kasprzak, MD||Castle Biosciences||PI|
|Kristen Holland, MD|
|Stephen Humphrey, MD||Celgene|
|Dawn Siegel, MD||UptoDate|
|Keri Chaney,MD||Regeneron||Advisory Board|
|Edit Olasz, MD, PhD||Topix Pharma|
|Kenneth Gordon, MD|
Abbvie, BMS, Celgene,
Dermira, Dermanant, Almirall,
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 0.25 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.