This educational activity is designed to enhance the knowledge of the academic and community dermatologists who attend our weekly meetings. Virtual cases are presented at Grand Rounds which demonstrate key points in patient diagnosis and management and will emphasize application of evidence-based medicine. Pathology of cases is also reviewed. Speaker topics will be chosen based on Grand Rounds quarterly evaluations where attendees were asked "What clinical questions or patient problems did you encounter in the past year that you felt you needed more knowledge or competence to successfully address?"
Key Words: Dermatology, Pediatric Dermatology, Dermatopathology, Procedural Dermatology
- Physician Assistant
- Dermatology residents, medical students
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
• Appreciate the progress that is being made in identifying the molecular basis of inherited skin diseases.
• Identify the different laboratory techniques and their applications in identifying pathogenic variants in genes that cause skin diseases.
• Learn about recent new discoveries that are in matching new genes to poorly characterized inherited skin diseases.
Leah Lalor, MD
Assistant Professor of Dermatology
Medical College of Wisconsin
John McGrath, MD, FRCP, FMedSci
Mary Dunhill Chair in Cutaneous Medicine, St John's Institute of Dermatology
Academic Head of Department, St. John's Institute of Dermatology & Its Genetic Skin Disease Unit
King's College London
Honorary Consultant Dermatologist to the Guy's and St. Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Leah Lalor, MD
- John McGrath, MD
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.