This education is designed to examine the diagnosis and treatment of disease states that are studied in the Echocardiography laboratory. Sessions include discussion of the improvement of echocardiographic image acquisition including technique, protocols, and image enhancement which will lead to an accurate diagnosis. Our goal is to illustrate best practice and standardize imaging protocols.
Patients presenting with suspected cardiovascular disease can be challenging to diagnose and treat. The department of cardiology recognizes this challenge and wishes to offer a venue for providers to participate in case review, with an end goal of consistently delivering evidence based practice and complete and concise reporting of study findings. Additionally, variability in sonographer image acquisition technique and protocols will be addressed to increase consistency of acquired imaging data. In response to this goal, Dr. Shalev has determined a need to provide ongoing, continuing education for hospital staff who participates in the direct care of adult patients.
- Echo Technicians
- Identify & diagnose cardiovascular disease states.
- Describe how echocardiography can contribute to the diagnosis of certain cardiac diseases and conditions.
- Explain how to enhance echocardiographic image quality and data acquisition to assist the Cardiologist in providing an accurate diagnosis.
- Describe the hemodynamics associated with the cardiac disease and condition.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationship to disclose with the exception of the following:
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.