Per the American College of Emergency Physicians, emergency medicine faculty need to have 16 hours per year on average of trauma related CME. Emergency physicians who participate on the trauma team must be knowledgeable and current in the care of injured patients. The goal is to decrease practice variability among teaching faculty. While it is easy to fall into a common and comfortable practice, the desire is for all faculty to stay informed of evidence based medicine and teach this consistently to our residents and medical students.Post lecture evaluation forms filled out by all attendees and reviewed by CME director, formal teaching evaluations filled out by residents regarding individual teaching faculty, informal feedback from residents on day to day shifts will also provide a tool to measure our CME EM/Trauma grand rounds efficacy.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
EM & Trauma Physicians, Fellows, Residents and Allied Health Care Professionals
- Discuss competently pathophysiology and epidemiology of disease process or subject related to EM.
- Recognize specific diseases, signs/symptoms, differential diagnosis related to subject matter, and diagnostic testing necessary to determine treatment plans.
- Treat and manage disease process, with awareness of appropriate follow-up and available resources, including consultants, related to the topics.
Kathleen Williams, MD
Department of Emergency Medicine
Panna Codner, MD
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Critical Care
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.