This grand rounds is designed to disseminate advancing practice of EMS so that physicians can be better prepared to work within an EMS System. ABEM defines EMS as a subspecialty; grand rounds will allow maintenance of certification. EMS is also a subspecialty of any American Board of Medical Specialties graduate. This allows any physician to get continuing education that applies to any of these specialties.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- The learner will receive content specific education related to the science of EMS Medicine
- The learner will be able to translate content into best practice with the goal of improving EMS care in the communities.
- Learner performance will be evident in successful written or practical testing.
Course Director: M. Riccardo Colella, DO, MPH
Timothy Lenz, MD, MPH
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.