21st Annual Wisconsin Bone Club Meeting
Osteoporosis is an extremely important problem, especially given our aging population. Fractures are also very expensive and lead to significant expense, mortality, and morbidity. HEDIS measurements suggest we underperform in managing osteoporosis.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Medical College of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Bone Club. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 5.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Please note there is a $6.00 processing fee for all electronic registrations.
Internal medicine physicians
Family medicine physicians
Internal and family medicine residents and endocrinology fellows
- Learn about new medications that are coming out for osteoporosis
- Better understand the importance and management of men with osteoporosis
- Learn about the association of some medications used in the management of breast cancer with bone loss and fractures and how to manage these patients
- Understand what a clinical should know about pathophysiology and management of x-linked hypophosphatemia (XLH)
- Understand the association of PPIs with fractures and learn about whether this is causal or not
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relatiionships to disclose.
Name: Role in Meeting:
Marc Drezner, MD Speaker
Joan Neuner, MD Speaker
Joseph Shaker, MD Planning Committee / Speaker
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved:
Name: Company: Role with the Company:
Neil Binkley, MD Amgen, GE Healthcare, Lilly, Merck, Opko Ireland Research Support
Amgen, Astellas, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Lilly, Merck Consultant / Advisory Board
Karen Hansen, MD Takeda Pharmaceuticals Study investigator in a multi-center trial
Michael McClung, MD Amgen, Merck Consultant
- 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 5.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.