The 22nd Annual Wisconsin Bone Club Meeting (2017)
Osteoporosis is an extremely important problem, especially given our aging population. Fractures are also very expensive and lead to significant expense, mortality, and morbidity. HEDIS measurements suggest we underperform in managing osteoporosis.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Medical College of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Bone Club. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 5.25 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Please note there is a $6.00 processing fee for all electronic registrations.
Internal medicine physicians
Family medicine physicians
Internal and family medicine residents and endocrinology fellows
- Explore treat to target as a possible paradigm for management of osteoporosis.
- Discuss some of the problems in the laboratory interpretation in patients with metabolic bone disorders.
- Learn about the use of CT done for other purposes to evaluate skeletal strength.
- Better understand fracture liaison service to improve care of patients with fragility fractures.
- Define radiographic appearance of bone lesions.
- Discuss endothelin-1 as an osteoblastic stimulating protein.
To see full schedule click here.
601 University Ave.
Madison, WI 53715
Online Reservations: www.fluno.com/reservations.php
Telephone: (877) 773-5866 or (608) 441-7117
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relatiionships to disclose.
Guillernmo Carrera, MD (Speaker)
Diane Krueger, CCRC (Planning Committee)
Joseph Shaker, MD (Planning Committee/Speaker)
Donald Wiebe, PhD (Speaker)
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved:
|Name:||Company:||Role with Company:|
Neil Binkley, MD, (Planner)
Amgen, GE Healthcare, Lilly, Merck, Novartis
Rob Blank, MD, (Speaker)
Felicia Cosman, MD (Speaker)
Advisor, Consulting, Speaker
Advisor, Speaker, Research
Perry Pickhardt, MD (Speaker)
Elucent, Cellectar, SHINE
- 5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 5.25 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.