The 9th Annual Diabetes Symposium of Wisconsin
Our symposium is a two day program with the specific purpose of increasing education and knowledge of all aspects of diabetes clinical practice and research. This symposium consists of medical lectures and workshops given by healthcare professionals (not all MD's), investigators and patients on topics related to Diabetes Updates. Inclusion of patient perspectives is a new feature in this year's program. The major format used is a series of thematic talks by recognized health professionals and are all followed by question and answer sessions along with feedback. There will also be a panel of physicians who will present case discussions and then open the floor to the audience for a Question and Answer Session.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Registration fee includes a flash drive syllabus, refreshments and lunch. Please Note: A $7.00 handling fee is assessed on all registrations.
- No hard copy syllabus's will be offered this year. Pens and notepads will be supplied along with the flash drive syllabus.
- Attention: Fellows, Residents and Students (currently enrolled in a certified training program) use coupon code MAY2016 at check-out.
Physicians, Family Care Physicians, Adult Endocrinologists, Pediatric Endocrinologists, Fellows, Residents, Medical Students, Physician Assistants, Nurses, and Nurse Practitioners. The target audience has been identified not only from the educational aims, but also from the previous meetings after post-meeting evaluations.
1. Improve diabetes care by identifying and expounding evidence-based advances in management.
2. Outline the areas that are at the outer limits of current knowledge and define our limitations.
3. Improve management and knowledge of drugs and therapy, using well-controlled trial data.
4. Gain further knowledge about the scientific knowledge of the pathophysiological processes involved in diabetes.
5. Gain awareness of the patient perspective of diabetes care.
If you require lodging, please feel free to contact any of these convenienty located hotels listed below. There are several other hotels to choose from in the downtown area not far from the Italian Community Center. Please visit www.downtownmilwaukeehotels.com for more information. Attendees are responsible for all travel, hotel arrangements, and expenses.
411 East Mason Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202
The Pfister Hotel
424 East Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Hilton Garden Inn
611 North Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Eitan M. Akirav, PhD (Speaker)
- Kellie R. Brown, MD (Speaker)
- Edith Burns, MD (Speaker)
- Rosanna Fiallo-Scharer, MD (Planning Committee & Speaker)
- Nancy Havas, MD (Planning Committee)
- Martin Hessner, PhD (Planning Committee & Speaker)
- Neil Hogg, PhD (Speaker)
- Bradley R. Javorsky, MD (Speaker)
- Srividya Kidambi, MD (Planning Committee & Speaker)
- Paul Knudson, MD (Speaker)
- Jacquelyn Kulinski, MD (Speaker)
- Steven B. Magill, MD, PhD (Speaker)
- Carlos E. Mendez, MD, FACP (Speaker)
- Jeffrey Perzan, JD (Speaker)
In accordance with the ACCME & standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships and have no relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of:
- Robert Blank, MD, PhD (Activity Director) - (Novo-Nordisk as a site invesigator for trial, Bristol-Myers-Squibb as a Consultant, UpToDate as an author and Abbvie as a stock owner)
- Thomas B. Connor, Jr., MD (Speaker) - (Genentech as a consultant)
- Ronald G. Gill, PhD (Speaker) - (Puretech as a consultant)
- Susan Hjelsand (Planning Committee) - (American Diabetes Association as a manager and UW Health/Project Ace as an advisory committee member)
- Shailendra B. Patel, BM, ChB, DPhil (Speaker) - (Amgen as a speaker and Merck & Co as a member of their speaker's bureau)
- Stuart A. Weinzimer, MD (Speaker) - (Medtronic Diabetes as a consultant and clinical research investigator, Insulet and Tandem as a consultant)
- Philip S. Zeitler, MD, PhD (Speaker) - (Eli Lilly, Inc, Merck & Co, Daichii-Sankyo, Boerhinger-Ingelheim, Takeda Pharmaceuticals and Bristol-Myers-Squibb as a study design consultant)
These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 13.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 13.75 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.