Endocrine Research Grand rounds is an educational conference in clinical and basic science in Endocrinology at Froedtert Hospital campus on 1-2 Thursdays per month. The goal of this conference is for endocrinologists, endocrine surgeons, endocrine physician assistants, nurses, dietitians, endocrine fellows, nurse practitioners, PhD researchers, medicine residents and medical students to have a venue to present a variety of clinical and basic science updates as well as recent benchmarks in the field for the benefit of educating others and improve patient care on a vast array of topics in endocrinology. The focus of this conference is education.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals. .
Allied Health Care Professionals
1. Be able to discuss the mechanism of action of incretins and SGLT-2 inhibitors in the treatment of diabetes.
2. Be able to discuss the cardiovascular end points documented in the human clinical trials with incretins and the SGLT-2 inhibitors.
3. Discuss the important side effects and untoward effects of these two classes of antihyperglycemic agents .
Denise Teves Qualler, MD
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Clinical Nutrition
The Medical College of Wisconsin
Steven Magill, MD, PhD
Associate Clinical Professor
Endocrine Center and Clinics
Froedtert and The Medical College of Wisconsin
Dr. Teves Qualler has a financial relationship with Sanofi as a Speaker/Teacher and with Alexion as a Teacher and Dr. Steven Magill has disclosed he has no financial relationships, all others had nothing to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.