Endocrine Research Grand rounds is an educational conference in clinical and basic science in Endocrinology at Froedtert Hospital campus on 1-2 Thursdays per month. The goal of this conference is for endocrinologists, endocrine surgeons, endocrine physician assistants, nurses, dietitians, endocrine fellows, nurse practitioners, PhD researchers, medicine residents and medical students to have a venue to present a variety of clinical and basic science updates as well as recent benchmarks in the field for the benefit of educating others and improve patient care on a vast array of topics in endocrinology. The focus of this conference is education.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals. .
Allied Health Care Professionals
1. Understand recommendations regarding treatment goal for hypothyroidism in special populations.
2. Review the goals for thyroid disease in pregnancy and rationale for these goals.
3. Discuss potential thyroid abnormalities caused by newer medications.
Denise Teves Qualler, MD
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Clinical Nutrition
The Medical College of Wisconsin
Ty Carroll, MD
Assistant Clinical Professor
Endocrine Center and Clinics
Froedtert and The Medical College of Wisconsin
Dr. Teves Qualler has a financial relationship with Sanofi as a Speaker/Teacher and with Alexion as a Teacher and Dr. Ty Carroll has disclosed he has financial relationships with Corcept Therapeutics as a Consultant and Novartis for Research, all others had nothing to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.