Endocrine Grand rounds is an educational conference in clinical and basic science in Endocrinology at The Medical College of Wisconsin campus on 1-2 Thursdays per month. The goal of this conference is for endocrinologists, endocrine surgeons, endocrine physician assistants, nurses, dietitians, endocrine fellows, nurse practitioners, PhD researchers, medicine residents and medical students to have a venue to present a variety of clinical and basic science updates as well as recent benchmarks in the field for the benefit of educating others and improve patient care on a vast array of topics in endocrinology. The focus of this conference is education.
This activity is designed for endocrinology physicians, nurse practitioners, surgeons and referring physicians.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- To increase knowledge in endocrinology, including recent information learned from clinical trials.
- To improve practice performance related to the diagnosis and treatment of common and challenging endocrine and metabolic disorders.
- To promote networking with national experts.
- To promote research collaboration and publication with local and national experts in endocrinology.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Improve endocrinology care by identifying and expounding evidence-based advances in management.
- Analyze the areas that are at the outer limits of current knowledge of endocrine disorders and define our limitations.
- Improve management and knowledge of drugs and therapy for endocrine disorders, using well-controlled trial data.
- Gain further knowledge about the pathophysiological processes involved in endocrine disorders.
- Increase awareness of the patient perspective of endocrinology care.
Activity Director: Denise Teves Qualler, MD
Planning Committee: Robert D Blank, MD, PhD
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships.
|Dr. Denise Teves Qualler||Alexion||Teacher|
|Dr. Robert Blank||Amgen, Bristol Meyers Squibb, Novo-Nordisk, Radius Health & Ultragenyx||Consultant|
|Dr. Robert Blank||McGraw Hill & UpToDate||Author of Commissioned Educational Material|
These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.