- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Endocrine Grand rounds is an educational conference in clinical and basic science in Endocrinology at The Medical College of Wisconsin campus on 1-2 Thursdays per month. The goal of this conference is for endocrinologists, endocrine surgeons, endocrine physician assistants, nurses, dietitians, endocrine fellows, nurse practitioners, PhD researchers, medicine residents and medical students to have a venue to present a variety of clinical and basic science updates as well as recent benchmarks in the field for the benefit of educating others and improve patient care on a vast array of topics in endocrinology. The focus of this conference is education.
This activity is designed for endocrinology physicians, nurse practitioners, surgeons and referring physicians.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Describe the limitations of self-management of blood glucose and the impact continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) has on diabetes management decisions.
- Identify patients who would benefit from professional and/or personal CGM.
- Differentiate among the available CGM in terms of technical features, benefits and limitations, devise compatibility and ease of use.
- Integrate relevant real-time and retrospective CGM data and device information into management decisions.
Presenter: Erin Newkirk, PharmD, CDE and Laura Hooks, RN, BSN, CDE
Activity Director: Denise Teves Qualler, MD
Planning Committee: Robert D Blank, MD, PhD
In accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of contect disclosed any relevant financial relationships.
|Dr. Denise Teves Qualler||Alexion||Teacher|
|Dr. Robert Blank||Amgen, Bristol Myers Squibb, Novo-Nordisk, Radius Health & Ultragenyx||Consultant|
|Dr. Robert Blank||McGraw Hill & UpToDate||Author for Commissioned Educational Material|
These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.