- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Understand smart insulin pen technology and be able to identify patients who would benefit from a smart insulin pen
- Identify how to use Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) data before, during, and after exercise to help prevent glycemic variability.
- Evaluate both a smart insulin pen case and physically active case in order to facilitate shared decision making when creating a diabetes management plan.
Erin Newkirk, PharmD, CDCES, BCPS
Clinical Pharmacy- Endocrinology Froedtert & MCW
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Erin Newkirk, PharmD, CDCES, BCPS
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.