Ethics Grand Rounds provides a forum for MCW faculty, Center affiliate members, MECN Members, and the Milwaukee community to discuss and learn about current local, national and international bioethics issues. Additionally, Ethics Grand Rounds provides an opportunity for participants to learn how to identify, analyze and manage ethical challenges that may be encountered in their practice. The Center for Bioethics & Medical Humanities is a leder in ethics education for Milwaukee-area and Midwestern communities.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Psychology CE Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Medical College of Wisconsin maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This activity contains content or processes that may be potentially stressful.
This program is designed for physicians, ethics committee members, nurses, chaplains, social workers, psychologists, health care attorneys and other individuals who are interested in bioethics.
- Outline the ethical issues embedded in technologies that change our physical functioning.
- Review recent advancements in biotechnology related to restoration or enhancement of neurologic functionrelated to mobility.
- Reconsider the nature and process of informed consent in the circumstances of newly and profoundly injured individuals.
- Discuss our role and duties when discussing and incorporating technologies into the rehabilitation of vulnerable individuals.
Cynthiane J. Morgenweck, MD, MA - Activity Director
Kellie Lang, JD, RN - Planning Committee
Sheri Johnson, PhD - Speaker
Kaija Zusevics, MPH, PhD, CHES - Speaker
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 APAAPA credit.
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.