Ethics Grand Rounds provides a forum for MCW faculty, Center affiliate members, MECN Members, and the Milwaukee community to discuss and learn about current local, national and international bioethics issues. Additionally, Ethics Grand Rounds provides an opportunity for participants to learn how to identify, analyze and manage ethical challenges that may be encountered in their practice. The Center for Bioethics & Medical Humanities is a leder in ethics education for Milwaukee-area and Midwestern communities.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement: The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Psychology CE Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Medical College of Wisconsin maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This activity contains content or processes that may be potentially stressful.
This program is designed for physicians, ethics committee members, nurses, chaplains, social workers, psychologists, health care attorneys and other individuals who are interested in bioethics.
1. Describe two ways in which pandemic illness functions as a social stressor.
2. Outline one adaptive and one maladaptive category of responses to the pandemic stress at both the individual and societal levels.
3. Demonstrate one way in which well-calibrated objective public communications about pandemics can facilitate adaptive responses to pandemic stress at the individual level and one way in which these communications can be helpful at the societal level.
Cynthiane J. Morgenweck, MD, MA - Activity Director
Kellie Lang, JD, RN - Planning Committee
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 APAAPA credit.
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.