Second Annual Genomics and Ethics Symposium
The Second Annual Genomics and Ethics Symposium will explore ethical and clinical issues related to genomic sequencing technologies, such as informed consent for genomic sequencing; disclosure of genomic sequencing results; and the impact of genomic sequencing results on patients, their families and clinicians.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 5.75 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Primary Care Physicians
Nurses and other Healthcare Providers
By completing this activity, I will be able to:
- Identify ethical concerns raised specifically with the clinical application of whole genome sequencing
- Recognize best practices for addressing and managing the ethical concerns of genetic sequencing
- Discover and discuss the latest empirical research results relating to issues of genomics and ethics
The Second Annual Genomics and Ethics Symposium will be located at:
Italian Conference Center
631 E. Chicago Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Venue Phone Number: (414) 223-2180
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose
Art Derse, MD, JD
Aaron Buseh, PhD, MPH, MSN
David Dimmock, MD
Jeffrey Kahn, PhD, MPH
Alison La Pean Kirschner, MS, CGC
Thomas May, PhD
Pilar Ossario, PhD, JD
Linda Reis, MS, CGC
Ryan Spellecy, PhD
Kim Strong, PhD
Liz Worthey, PhD
Kaija Zusevics, PhD, MPH, CHES
- 5.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 5.75 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.