The primary purpose of the Fetal Case Conference is to assemble a multi-disciplinary committee, composed of representatives from genetics, perinatology, neonatology, pediatric surgical subspecialties and radiology, to review the variables relevant to specific fetal abnormalities and compose a plan related to fetal, maternal and neonatal care. Secondary purposes include cross-divisional, departmental and hospital education, review current and evolving literature and data and determination of guidelines.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Physicians, Nurse practitioners, RNs, Sonographers, Nurse managers, and Genetic Counselors
- Participants will gain a working knowledge of the acceptable community and national standards of evaluation and management in the areas of maternal and fetal disease and anomalies across a multi-disciplinary approach from divisions of perinatology, pediatric surgery, genetics, neonatology, pediatric/fetal urology, pediatric/fetal nephrology, radiology.
- Participants will critically review evidence based medicine and national guidelines for fetal evaluation, surveillance and management of common and unusual fetal diseases and anomalies and maternal diseases.
- Participants will become cognizant of the area of the critical implications of care for premature infants and death and dying.
In accordance with the ACCME policy on relevant financial disclosure, all speakers/planners were asked to reveal any relevant financial relationships, and there was nothing to disclose.
Planners: Meredith Cruz, MD
Speaker(s): Fetal Case Conference Attendees
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.