There is increasing concern about physicians’ relationships with pharmaceutical and medical device companies that could influence prescribing behaviors or bias research. While some professional societies have issued guidelines regarding how physicians ought to manage conflicts of interests, practicing physicians lack opportunities to practice applying these guidelines outside of their actual clinical encounters. This interactive clinician led small group discussion for M2s in the Foundational Capstone Course focused on the application of ethical priniciples to clinical scenarios that pose management dilemmas. Small group faciliatators who complete pre reading assignment and complete a post test following discussion are eligible to receive CME credit for sessions.
Preceptors assigned to teach the Foundational Capstone Ethics Discussions
- Appreciate importance of disclosure of potential conflicts of interest.
- Recognize financial conflicts of interests inherent the healthcare system in various reimbursement models
- Identify the ethical principles that guide physician behavior when faced with financial conflicts of interest.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.