AASLD 2013 Meeting Review
This program is to summarize the 64th Annual Meeting of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases that was held in Washington DC, November 1-5, 2013. Presentations are made by Medical College of Wisconsin Hepatologists to our community Gastroenterologists and their physician extenders.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activityfor a maximum of 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 3.75 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Gastroenterologists and Hepatologists, as well as associated Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
- Familiarize oneself with current hepatitis C therapy including the use of interferon free regimens.
- Determine which patients will have the best results after liver tranplantation based on pre-transplant factors.
- Manage the major complications of portal hypertensia including ascites, hepatic encephalopathy, portal hypertensive bleeding and hepatocelluar carcinoma.
Jose Franco, MD; Professor of Medicine & Pediatrics, Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Veronica Loy, DO; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Eric Martin, MD; Fellow for Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Kia Saeian, MD; Professor of Medicine, Associate Chief, Director of Clinical Affairs Gastroenterology and Hepatology
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial interests to disclose.
- 3.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 3.75 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.