ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
The Division of General Internal Medicine conference series focuses on prevention, diagnosis, acute chronic condiiton management, and healthcare delivery relevant to our population of hospitalized, perioperative, and primary care patients and our healthcare system. Topics are selected based on national or local evaluation data indicating opportunities to improve knowledge and practice gaps.
- Physicians / Faculty
- Allied Health Professionals
- Review underappreciated clinical scenarios with potential for perioperative care failure
- Outline available evidence and guidelines as they pertain to preoperative evaluation
- Emphasize critical need for communication and collaboration in providing high-quality perioperative care
Ankur Segon, MD
Barbara Slawski, MD, MS, FACP, SFHM
Kurt Pfeifer, MD
Professor of Medicine, General Internal Medicine, Perioperative Medicine