Attendees will gain medical knowledge in the fields of gastroenterology and hepatology in a case-based discussion format. Attendees will gain insight into recently published journal articles from experts in gastroenterology and hepatology
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Discuss the nature and variable presentations of GI diseases
- Apply knowledge gained in the diagnosis and management of GI diseases
- Develop the habit of presenting cases in formal conference and in small discussions with colleagues to enhance mutual gain o knowledge and ultimately improve patient care
- Discuss current GI research projects and how the findings impact patient care
- Explain current GI practices through journal review and small group discussions
- Analyze research methods and approaches to difficulties encountered during the research process as well as provide ideas on how to overcome these.
Journal Club (Underserved Populations)
- Keely Browning, MD Fellow PGY5
- Zachary Smith, MD Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Krupa Patel, MD Fellow PGY5
- Matthew Mohorek, MD Fellow PGY5
- Bao Chau Nguyen, MD Fellow PGY4
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Keely Browning, MD
- Krupa Patel, MD
- Matthew Mohorek, MD
- Bao Chau Nguyen, MD
- Zachary Smith, MD
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
Zachary Smith, MD
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.