This educational activity is based on case presentations and subsequent small group discussions of patients with hematologic malignancies that are being evaluated, treated and followed in the Department of Hematology and Oncology, and that have diagnostic or follow-up material evaluated in the Division of Hematopathology. The goal of this multimodality approach is to insure that the best patient care is being delivered by both Hematologists/Oncologists and Pathologists.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Learning objectives are identified for both Hematologists/Oncologists and Hematopathologists.
By completing this activity, Hematologists/Oncologists will be able to:
- Identify appropriate ordering of expensive, ancillary diagnostic testing.
- Describe the salient morphologic, immunophenotypic, cytogenetic and molecular features of common hematologic malignancies.
By completing this activity, Hematopathologists will be able to:
- Discuss emergent therapeutic options and availability of clinical trials, and how they apply to patients diagnosed in our service.
- Utilize and constantly update themselves with the clinical practices of the Department of Hematology and Oncology, in order to continue to improve outcomes and provide optimal patient care.
Alexandra Harrington, MD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclosure except the following and in accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships.
|Ehab Atallah, MD||Pfizer||Administrative Board|
|Laura Michaelis, MD||Incyte||Consultancy|
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.