AKMG Convention 2014: Personalized Medicine Demystified
Personalized medicine has broad implications in academic research, clinical care, and health care policy. The purpose of this symposium is to bring together representatives from diverse research and clinical backgrounds to discuss recent advances in personalized medicine. This symposium is organized around the theme of advances in individualized oncology, but we will also discuss personalized health care updates in a number of other disease areas.
AMA ACCREDITATION STATEMENT:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The Medical College of Wisconsin and The Association of Kerala Medical Graduates. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
DESIGNATION OF CREDIT STATEMENT:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Recognize the emergence and importance of targeted (disease-site specific) personalized medicine approaches
- Utilize genetic testing to test a patient’s predisposition to a disease and to determine optimal treatment protocols
- Identify the role, importance and timing of each discipline (medical, radiation and surgery) for each disease in a multidisciplinary manner
- Describe novel diagnostic and treatment approaches being developed and implemented to optimize patient treatment outcomes
- List the advantages for a personalized medicine approach to healthcare
SYMPOSIUM CHAIR & CO-CHAIRS:
Parameswaran Hari, MD, MRCP, MS
Jame Abraham, MD, FACP
Parameswaran Venugopal, MD
Madhu Bhaskaran, MD
Khurshid R. Ghani, BSc(Hons) MBChB MS FRCS(Urol)
Anantha Krishnan Harijith, MD
Raj Janardhanan, MD, MRCP, FACC, FASE
Philip Joseph, MD
Shaji Kumar, MD
Najeeb Mohideen, MD
Ramesh Nair, MS, DNB, MCh, DNB, FRCSEd, FRCS (S/N)
Suresh Reddy, MD, MS
Lal Sadasivan, MD
Jayakumar Sahadevan, MD
Kiron Thomas, MD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 8.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 8.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.