51st Annual Southeastern Wisconsin Cancer Conference: Targeting Advanced Lung Cancer
The treatment of advanced stage lung cancer continues to evolve with a greater emphasis and targeted and immune therapies. Our goal is to educate providers on how these treatments work, when they are appropriate, what are the side effects and how are the side effects managed. Lastly we will include a lecture of the management and treatment of oligometastatic disease.
Our intent is to provide the audience members with an overview of the current practice in the smoking cessation and tobacco control. Lung cancer staging, use of molecular markers, treatment of advanced lung cancer, and the identification and management of treatment side effects.
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Allied Health Professionals
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Review current smoking interventions (counseling, pharmacotherapeutics, NCCN guidelines)
- Describe updates in TNM (AJCC ) staging for advanced lung cancer.
- Discuss advancements in molecular testing and diagnosis in the therapeutic management of advanced lung cancer
- Describe and recognize adverse events and immune related side effects from treatment.
- Discuss diagnosis and treatment options for oliogmetastic disease
Deanna Birling MSN AOCNP - Vice President
Gerald Kallas, MD - Treasurer
Mary Kissinger, BS, CTR - Secretary
Charles Bomzer, MD
Joseph Bovi, MD
Beth Brunner, ACS
B.J. Gruling, RPh
Julie Jensen, RN, MSN, C-ANP
Thomas Jensen, MD
Carolyn Oxencis, PharmD, BCPS, BCOP Laura Raftery, MD
Carrie Riccobono, MSN, RN, ACNSBC, OCN
Johnathan Thompson, MD
Grace Dy, MD; Roswell Park
Corey Langer, MD; University of Pennsylvania
Alex Adjei, MD, PhD; Mayo Clinic
Elizabeth Gore, MD; Medical College of Wisconsin
|Charles Bomzer, MD||Pfizer, Merck, Exact Sciences||Stock|
|Corey Langer, MD|
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; ImClone Systems Incorporated; Pfizer Inc; Eli Lilly and Company; AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP; Merck; Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; Genentech, Inc.; Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals/Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Celgene Oncology; Abbott Laboratories; Biodesix; Clariant; CarisDx; ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp; Clovis
Amgen, Synta, Peregrine, SWOG, Incyte, VA, Lilly
- 3.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 3.25 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.