Cord Blood Connect international congress 2019
An international congress that embraces all components of the cord blood community – public and private banking, clinical and laboratory investigations, manufacturing, administration, training and education – will be held September 13-15, 2019, in Miami Beach, Florida. The congress, Cord Blood Connect is chaired by cord blood community experts, and will bring together the many people and organizations worldwide that engage in, or are served by, cord blood and perinatal tissue banking and the development of associated therapeutics.
The purpose of the congress is to educate and inspire professionals in the cord blood community, meeting their needs through concurrent scientific and educational sessions and workshops. The program will be structured to encourage networking among the participants because we know that the most valuable information often comes from discussions with peers outside of the formal presentations.
In addition to plenary sessions, two program tracks are planned. The scientific track will focus on clinical and translational sciences, including transplant and emerging novel and regenerative therapies using cord blood, mesenchymal stromal cells, and other components of cord blood and perinatal tissues. Particular attention will be given to pre-clinical and Phase I-III trials that are targeting wound healing, orthopedic applications, cerebral palsy, autism, stroke and other neurological diseases.
A second track will offer education and training for cord blood bank technical and support personnel. Sessions will encompass laboratory procedures, manufacturing, global regulations, accreditation and public and patient education.
- Allied Health Care Professionals
Upon completion of this CME activity, participants should be able to:
- Report on the state-of-the-art in cord blood and perinatal tissue therapies
- Analyze contemporary and new methods for collecting, processing, banking and releasing cord blood and perinatal tissue products
- Describe novel uses of cord blood and perinatal tissue in cellular therapies and regenerative medicine
- Discuss current procedures, methods and issues in cord blood and tissue processing, manufacturing, regulation, accreditation and public education
- Report on the accomplishments of the Cord Blood Association in its priority areas of quality products and services, advocacy, market expansion, education, and research and development
* Disclosure information provided in handouts on-site at meeting.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Medical College of Wisconsin and Cord Blood Association. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 16.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health care professionals.
- 16.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 16.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.