2021 Virtual Cord Blood Connect International Congress
This year's virtual congress will present the latest advances in cord blood and perinatal tissue therapies and banking, panel discussions among experts with attendee interaction, virtual exhibits and e-posters.
The coronavirus pandemic has placed unprecedented burdens on cord blood and perinatal tissue investigations, but it has not sent those studies into quarantine. That's immediately evident when scanning the agenda for this year's Cord blood Connect international congress.
Resourceful investigators have been pushing forward on their clinical trials and laboratory studies. They will be bringing results and status reports to the virtual congress.
- Allied Health Care Professionals
Upon completion of this CME activity, participants should be able to:
- Report on the state-of-the-art in cord blood and perinatal tissue therapies
- Analyze contemporary and new methods for collecting, processing, banking and releasing cord blood and perinatal tissue products
- Describe novel uses of cord blood and perinatal tissue in cellular therapies and regenerative medicine
- Discuss current procedures, methods and issues in cord blood and tissue processing, manufacturing, regulation, accreditation and public education
- Report on the accomplishments of the Cord Blood Association in its priority areas of quality products and services, advocacy, market expansion, education, and research and development OVERALL CONFERENCE EVALUATION:
Cord Blood Connect international congress 2020 Planning Committee:
- Parameswaran Hari, MD, MS - Activity Director
- Joanne Kurtzberg - Chair
- Ngaire Elwood - BMDI Cord Blood Bank
- Mitchell Horwitz - Duke University
- Juliet Barker - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Jaap-Jan Boelens - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Charlie Craddock - University of Birmingham
- Colleen Delaney - Deverra Therapeutics
- Heidi Elmoazzen - Canadian Blood Services
- Eliane Gluckman- Hôpital Saint-Louis
- Parameswaran Hari - Medical College of Wisconsin
- Dunia Jawdat - King Abdullah Int’l Medical Research Center
- Morey Kraus - PerkinElmer Viacord
- Young-Ho Lee - Hanyang University Medical Center
- Franco Locatelli - University of Pavia
- Filippo Milano - Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Sergio Querol - Banc de Sang I Teixits
- Katy Rezvani - M.D. Anderson Cord Blood Bank
- Krishnendu (Krish) Roy - Georgia Institute of Technology
- Jaime Shamonki - Cord Blood Registry
- Bronwen Shaw – CIBMTR
- Beth Shaw - New York Blood Center
- Jessica Sun - Duke University School of Medicine
- Frances Verter - Parent’s Guide to Cord Blood Foundation
- John Wagner - University of Minnesota
Click here for the full list of Planner and Speaker Financial Disclosures
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Medical College of Wisconsin and Cord Blood Association. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals: The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 11.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health care professionals.
- 11.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 11.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.