- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.50 APAAPA credit.
- 1.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This program will provide attendees with updates and new information regarding the MCW Human Research Protection Program.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Psychology CE Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Medical College of Wisconsin maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This activity contains content or processes that may be potentially stressful.
Human research investigators
- Presidential Election
- Olympics in Rio
- Superbowl 50
- Opening of Gotthard Base Tunnel
- Launch of the NAS OSIRIX-REx mission to asteroid Bennu, and
- A radically revamped MCW IRB
1. Review pending draft changes to the DHHS and FDA regulations.
2. Outline the variety of research training requirements and how they are being centralized.
3. Summarize radical changes underway to improve the review process for minimal-risk studies.
4. Discuss a new merit-based approach to more efficient IRB review of clinical trials.
David Clark, PhD, Director, MCW Human Research Protections Program
AnnMarie Eve, MCW IRB Operations Manager
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.