Little time in health profession education schools or postgraduate training is devoted to teaching health care providers about the health care needs of LGBT individuals and many health care providers do not feel comfortable caring for this population of patients. This CE activity is designed to improve providers’ knowledge, competence, and comfort in taking care of LGBT patients.
- Understand the concepts of gender identity and sexual orientation
- Review demographic and health disparities of LGBTQ populations
- Increase cultural competence in providing care to LGBTQ patient
- Understand basics of primary and gender-affirming care for transgender patients
Course Director: Andrew Petroll, MD
(Name & Credentials)
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.