Monday Morning Conference is a multi-disciplinary conference between physicians, APPs, pharmacists, microbiologists/pathologists and learners which is held weekly. The focus of the conference is to discuss evidence-based medicine with regards to disease clinical presentation, pathophysiology, diagnostic approaches and therapeutic regimens/modalities to provide patient-centered and tailored care as well as analyze quality improvement data to help provide the highest quality care for patients. The conference is also an avenue to discuss quality improvement data as well as help to integrate new emerging concepts and technologies in the field of Infectious Disease into daily practice.
Key Words: Infectious Disease, Infections, Organisms, Drugs/Therapeutics, Biological factors, Immune System
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Identify the role of using clinical pharmacists as a resource in determining antimicrobial duration of therapy and providing oral transitions for community acquired pneumonia and urinary tract infections
- Select optimal antibiotic therapy in patients with beta-lactam allergies based on updated AAAAI guidance
- Describe the pharmacokinetic profile of ertapenem in the critically ill population
PGY2 Infectious Diseases Pharmacy Resident
Allison Gibble, PharmD, BCIDP
Clinical Pharmacy Specialist, Infectious Diseases
PGY2 ID Residency Program Director
Khadieja Khalid, MD
Department of Medicine
Division of Infectious Disease
Medical College of Wisconsin
Planning Committee Member(s):
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Khadieja Khalid
- Erin Guenther
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.