Little time in health profession education schools or postgraduate training is devoted to teaching health care providers about the health care needs of LGBT individuals and many health care providers do not feel comfortable caring for this population of patients. This CE activity is designed to improve providers’ knowledge, competence, and comfort in taking care of LGBT patients.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Nurse Practitioner Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse Practitioner continuing education. Provider Number: 150930.
“This program is not yet approved for CME credit. Conference organizers plan to request 1.0 AAPA Category 1 CME credits from the AAPA Review Panel. The total number of approved credits is yet to be determined.”
Upon completion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of gender identity and sexual orientation
- Review demographic and health disparities of LGBTQ populations
- Increase cultural competence in providing care to LGBTQ patient
- Understand basics of primary and gender-affirming care for transgender patients
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- 1.00 NP Contact Hours
- 1.00 PAPA credit.