This is a monthly conference which will select a variety of topics that are aimed at reducing the disparities currently present in management of IBD patients between surgeons and gastroenterologists. Surgeons and medical doctors approach the management of IBD from vastly different perspectives this has led to confusion in the plan of care for difficult IBD patients.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activityfor a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Physician Assistants
- Allied Health Care Professionals
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Understand the key pathologic findings that differentiate Crohn's disease and Ulcerative colitis
- Explain the radiographic features of active inflammatory bowel disease
- Describe the up to date management of Primary Biliary Cirrhosis and its complications
- Identify the correct surgical management of inflammatory bowel disease
- Review the most important aspects of health care maintenance aspects of chronic inflammatory bowel disease
- Discuss the most appropriate medical management of inflammatory bowel disease
- Apply the most appropriate use of IBD therapeutic monitoring in the management of IBD patients
Daniel Stein, MD
All persons in control of content have NO relevent financial relationships to disclose except the following:
|Daniel Stein, MD||AbbVie Pharmaceutical||Speaker|
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following and in accordance with the ACCME® standards for Commercial Support Number 6, these relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.