- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Through its educational arm, the ISTH Academy, the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis (ISTH) has begun hosting a series of webinars.
Mark Crowther, Peter Verhamme and Jerrold Levy recently participated in the development of an ISTH Guidance document on the reversal of DOACS. Bringing their research to an ISTH Academy webinar, they will give an overview of the results. Verhamme will discuss "Idarucizumab" and Crowther will discuss "Andexanet". Levy will moderate the session and the Q&A at the end of the presentation.
This meeting is being supported by Boehringer Ingelheim & Portola Pharmaceuticals
Physician, trainees, fellows and health care professionals managing patients being treated with DOACs
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Understand current practices for reversing Xa inhibitors
- Manage emergencies (serious bleeding, urgent surgery) while on dabigatran
- Understand the mode of action of idarucizucmab, the specific reversal agent of dabigatran
|Geoffrey Barnes, MD||Portola||Consulting|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan||Research|
|Chris Ward, PhD||Bayer||Speaker|
|Boehringer-Ingelheim||Speaker, Advisory Board|
|BMS/Pfizer||Speaker, Advisory Board|
|Jerrold Levy, MD||BI, CSL Behring, Janssen||Steering Committee|
|Peter Verhamme||Boehringer, Portola, Bayer||Investigator, Advisory Board, Speaker|
|Yukio Ozaki||The Sysmex Corporation||Advisory Board|
|Mark Crowther||See Attachment||/sites/ocpe.mcw.edu/files/users/65/M.%20Crowther%20Disclosures.pdf|