Guy Young "Clinical aspects of non-factor therapies in hemophilia"
This presentation will review the results of clinical trials for emicizumab, fitusiran and concizumab briefly and then engage in a clinical discussion regarding how such drugs will be implemented in patients with hemophilia. Important aspects of efficacy, safety, and actual clinical implementation will be discussed in detail.
Steven Pipe "Basic science aspects of non-factor therapies in hemophilia"
This presentation will review current landscape of available treatment options for hemophilia with and without inhibitors and unmet needs. It will particularly focus on newly approved and emerging therapeutics which do not rely on traditional factor replacement or bypassing activity. Key preclinical findings and clinical trial results including safety and efficacy data will be reviewed as well as consensus recommendations on their clinical implementation.
Moderator: Pedro Las Casas
Supported by an unrestricted educational grant from: Instrumentation Laboratory
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
The ISTH webinar series will provide high quality and state of the art education to practitioners around the world. Throughout the course of the year, the series will provide both clinical and basic science education in the areas of Thrombosis and Anticoagulation; Platelets and Vascular Biology; Coagulation and Bleeding Disorders.
Hematologists and nurses involved in the management of patients with hemophilia. Medical and para-medical providers as well as interested consumers.
- To gain knowledge on the clinical trial results for novel non-factor replacement therapies in hemophilia.
- To be able to implement the use of emicizumab in the clinical setting for patients with hemophilia A and inhibitors
- Understand the current landscape of hemophilia therapeutics, outcomes and unmet needs.
- Understand the rationale and mechanism of action of non-factor therapeutics
- Acquire the latest preclinical and clinical safety and efficacy data for these emerging therapies
- Learn how to apply consensus recommendations on their clinical implementation
- Understand areas for future study with these emerging therapies
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following persons:
|Geoffrey Barnes, MD, MSc||BMS/Pfizer, NHLBI, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Portola Janssen||Research Investigator, Consultant|
|Meera Chitlur, MD||Bayer, Genentech, Novo nardisk, Baxter||Advisory Board, Consultant, Speaker|
|Guy Young, MD||Genentech/Roche, Alnylam, Novo Nordisk||Consulting, Speaker|
|Steven Pipe, MD||Shire, CSL Behring, Biovertiv, Novo Nordisk, Alnylam, Abcintex, UmQuire, Roche||Consulting, Research|