Susan Kahn "Non-interventional approaches"
This presentation will provide an up to date review of non-interventional approaches to preventing the post-thrombotic syndrome.
Akhilesh Sista "Interventional approaches"
This presentation will focus on catheter-based active thrombus removal strategies. We will explore the data and focus on the recently completed landmark ATTRACT trial.
Moderator: Ketan Kulkarni
Supported by an unrestricted educational grant from: Instrumentation Laboratory
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
The ISTH webinar series will provide high quality and state of the art education to practitioners around the world. Throughout the course of the year, the series will provide both clinical and basic science education in the areas of Thrombosis and Anticoagulation; Platelets and Vascular Biology; Coagulation and Bleeding Disorders.
- Thrombosis MDs
- To highlight the importance of the post-thrombotic syndrome as a complication of deep venous thrombosis
- To review risk factors for the post-thrombotic syndrome
- To discuss current non-interventional approaches to preventing the post-thrombotic syndrome
- Describe pharmacomechanical catheter-directed thrombolysis
- Describe the main findings of the ATTRACT trial and its strengths and limitations
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following persons:
|Geoffrey Barnes, MD, MSc||BMS/Pfizer, NHLBI, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Portola Janssen||Research Investigator, Consultant|
|Meera Chitlur, MD||Bayer, Genentech, Novo nardisk, Baxter||Advisory Board, Consultant, Speaker|
|Akhilesh Sista||Penumbra, Inc. Thrombolex||Scientific Advisory Board|