Since beginning of 19th century, medical education has been focused heavily on competence. Competence, while essential for practice of medicine, is not enough for better patient care. Through the establishment of Kern Institute and subsequent creation of KINETIC3 Teaching academy, we will focus caring and character in medicine along with competence.
At the conclusion of this activity participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate expertise in teaching on character, caring and competence by attending didactic/workshops
- Teach learners understanding adult learning theory and using various teaching methods
- Create scholarly projects and disseminate locally and nationally
|Karen Marcdante,MD||Elsevier Inc.||Editor|
|Hershel Raff, PhD||Cerium, Corcept||Consultant|
Biogen, Avexis, PTC, Sarepta Therapeutics,
Emerging Therapies Solutions, Connected Research, Blueprint Partnerships, Sanderson Market Plus,
Magnolia Innovation, Optio
|Advisory Board, Speaker, Consultant|
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.