- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Kidney and Transplant Journal Club is a Medical College of Wisconsin CME accredited event held every Tuesday at 4:00PM. The intended audience for this conference includes approximately 35 to 50 members of the Division of Nephrology, Pediatric Nephrology, Transplant Surgery, the Department of Physiology, Pharmacology, and Pahtology. Attendees include residents, fellows, clinical and research faculty members, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and research assistants. The Purpose of this conference is to provide attendees with access to cutting edge clinical and basic science research in the fields of clinical nephrology and transplantaton, renal physiology and pharmacology, and renal pathology and immunology.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
1. Provide general information about prostaglandins and enzymes responsible for prostaglandin synthesis
2. Review contribution of prostaglandin signaling to the manifestation of glomerulonephritis
3. Describe the ongoing research to uncover mechanisms of posttranslational regulation of COX2, the rate limiting enzyme in the prostaglandin biosynthetic pathway.
Ashraf El-Meanawy, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Division of Nephrology
Medical College of Wisconsin
Speaker: Andrey Sorokin, PhD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
Name Company Role
Dr. Ehab Saad Amgen PI
Dr. Hariprasad Trivedi Sanofi Presenter, Medical Education partner Program
Genzyme Corp. PI Investigator
Coridien Site PI