- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Kidney and Transplant Journal Club is a Medical College of Wisconsin CME accredited event held every Tuesday at 4:00PM. The intended audience for this conference includes approximately 35 to 50 members of the Division of Nephrology, Pediatric Nephrology, Transplant Surgery, the Department of Physiology, Pharmacology, and Pahtology. Attendees include residents, fellows, clinical and research faculty members, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and research assistants. The Purpose of this conference is to provide attendees with access to cutting edge clinical and basic science research in the fields of clinical nephrology and transplantaton, renal physiology and pharmacology, and renal pathology and immunology.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
1. To review current practices in post-transplant monitoring and justify the need for more sensitive measures of immune reactivity in transplant patients
2. To review the literature of studies investigating the role of pharmacodynamic monitoring of NFAT-regulated gene expression in transplant patients
3. To present data using this assay in kidney transplant patients at UCSF
Ashraf El-Meanawy, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Division of Nephrology
Medical College of Wisconsin
Speaker: Thin Thin Maw, MD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
Name Company Role
Dr. Ehab Saad Amgen PI
Dr. Hariprasad Trivedi Sanofi Presenter, Medical Education partner Program
Genzyme Corp. PI Investigator
Coridien Site PI