16145 Milwaukee Academy of Medicine - The Art and Science of Medicine - February 16, 2016
The Art and Science of Medicine
In this presentation Dr. Thompson will explore his experience and efforts to apply evidence based medicine to one of his patient cases. He will explore factors such as experience, age and bias that affect patient management. In the process he will determine how much of his management was Art and how much Science. He will also share an overview of future trends that will soon alter the doctor/ patient relationship and in turn alter the "Art and Science of Medicine".
- Physicians of all medical specialties
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of systems to quantitate the value of procedures and treatments/ appropriateness criteria
- Gain an understanding of factors that affect patient care - especially knowledge/ experience/ wisdom
- Gain an understanding of "M-Health" and some future trends in patient empowerment
The speaker and all persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.