16145 Milwaukee Academy of Medicine - Be Worthy To Serve:The Future of Academic Medicine Through Patient Care -April 21, 2016
"Be Worthy to Serve": The Future of Academic Medicine Through Patient Care
As the founders of Alpha Omega Alpha defined their motto in 1902 as “Be worthy to serve the suffering”, the charge of the modern physician has not changed. In fact, this motto matters as much now as it did more than a century ago. This plenary will focus on the intersection of patient care and the evolving responsibility of the future physician as clinical care transformation is underway in the US healthcare system.
- Physicians of all medical specialties
- The audience will learn about the institutional characteristics of those advancing the Academic Medical Centers for the future.
- The audience will learn about the need to understand not only pathophysiology but systems thinking, population health and interprofessional team care as well as other new elements of managing care.
- The audience will learn that the basic tenets of professionalism and excelling as a physician have not changed.
The speaker and all persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.